This activity is perfect to adorn your home for the upcoming holiday and use for a Halloween party. As well as introducing the little kiddos to some simple arts and crafts by just using yarn!
Students shall be able to make ghost tassels by just using yarn and googly eyes for their adorably spooky expressions.
- Active and Engaged
- Safe and Supportive Environment
- Yarn: is a long continuous length of interlocked fibres, suitable for use in the production of textiles, sewing, crocheting, knitting, weaving, embroidery, or rope making.
- Halloween: contraction of All Hallows’ Eve, a holiday observed on October 31, the evening before All Saints’ (or All Hallows’) Day.
- Tassels: a dangling ornament made by laying parallel a bunch of cords or threads of even length and fastening them at one end.
The tutor must:
- Prepare all the materials needed for the activity:
- White Yarn
- Googly Eyes
- Cardstock, cut into 4 pieces prior to the lesson.
- Glue Gun
- Have a prepared finished product for students to use as inspiration.
Before the activity starts, ask the students what their favorite Halloween activity is.
Check Gallery for the step-by-step instructions.
Ask the students to clean up their workstations and return the materials to the tutor after use.
After the activity is done, ask the students the following questions:
- Will you do this again with your family?
- Where will you put your ghost tassels?
- Growth Mindset: Young people believe that they can, through their own efforts, grow in their intelligence and abilities.
- Self-Efficacy: Young people believe in their own capabilities and their ability to learn, achieve goals, and succeed.